Saturday, May 14, 2011

Forehead/Wall

*thump* *thump* *thump*

You may recall that sometime last fall my beloved Nikon CoolPix froze up on me just when I wanted to take a photo of a stunning rising autumn full moon... Subsequent tries resulted in the same "Lens Error".

So I bought an SLR. (Oi, vey.)

I finally tracked down the info I needed to ship the CoolPix back to Nikon for repair.

Form filled out and ready to submit? Check. Packaging material? Check. Parcel pick up? Check.

Then there was that stray thought... "What if?" What if I send this in and they find nothing wrong with it? I haven't checked it in awhile; maybe this time it will work. (I still believe in magic.) Let me try the camera just one more time to make sure...

*whirrr* Green light: okay to shoot.

Huh?

*whirr* Green light: okay to shoot.

What?!

*whirr* Green light: okay to shoot.
*whirr* Green light: okay to shoot.
*whirr* Green light: okay to shoot.

AUGGGHHHH!

Well, at least I checked it one last time before sending it in only to risk being told there was nothing wrong with it. And I really do like the SLR.

But still... Forehead/wall. *thump* *thump* *thump*